About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Wednesday 20 July 2016

Spray cans

Thought this might be of great interest to us modeller's  I had never come across them before but not really wanting to throw a nearly full can of spray glue away, i did a search.

How many times have you gone to use a spray paint can only to find the nozzle has blocked up. Yes, the last time you used it you done your absolute bestest to turn the can upside down to clean the nozzle out but alas it has still blocked up.

Well, here is a solution to this ongoing problem.

I found these by accident really, You can buy the nozzles  separately, just go to eBay and type in "spray can nozzles" and you will be amazed at what comes up, all different type's fat and skinny nozzles.
Nozzles you can attach tubes to, nozzles to give a thin line, nozzles that spray out like a fan. You name, it you can pretty much get it,

Now, here's the best bit, they only cost about £2 for 5. Ok so there is postage at £2 but order 5 of one type, 5 of another type and postage is still only £2.

The only thing i noticed to watch out for is weather your can is "male" or "female" how to tell is if you pull the nozzle off your can and there is a plastic tube sticking out the top of the can it's a "Male" can, if there is just a hole well it's a female can. Sorry, bit obvious really when you think about it (know i won't spell it out).

I hope this helps a lot of people, hopefully the end throwing out half used cans and having to rush out and buy some new ones.        

No comments: