About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Friday 5 August 2016

Hornby's 58' rebuilds

Having built Pine Road based on Lyme Regis i just had to get me a set of these didn't i.

Comparing them to the Branchlines set that i built a couple of years ago i had to compare them. Well you would wouldn't you.

So here goes. A few things have come to light
Hornby one at the front Dia418. The Guard lookout is further in from the end of the coach on one side than it is on the other, so technically they are handed if you get my meaning. The kit and Hornby's are the opposite way round, so who is right ?
 The second coach Dia99 again Hornby at the front, again the lookout is the opposite way round. I used precision paints Olive green Eastleigh shade which looks slightly darker.

 The other thing of course is that i have lined mine and Hornby haven't, although in Mike Kings book there is a photo of one unlined saying this is probably the livery when new. I have searched and searched but can't find a photo good enough to see weather they were lined or not but guessing not then!

4 photo's 2 of each type for a better comparison




I have to say that Hornby have done a superb job on these and yes all is correct but i am still very happy with the set i already have, after all i built them myself with my own fair hands and the information that i could get hold of at the time. They will still take pride and place on Pine Road

No comments: