About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Sunday 30 October 2016

Electrotren, Golden Valley Hobbies, Hornby Hobbies 0-6-0

Well, talk about extremes.

 Yesterday we had a 9F today i picked up this after a little jolly to Weymouth Railway exhibition.


Not knowing a lot about these i was sort of wondering why i had bought it while driving back home. Is it Electrotren, is it Golden Valley Hobbies, is it Hornby Hobbies. The last is what it says on the back of the box

So your asking yourselves, well, why buy it then. If i could answer that question i would but haven't a clue

I thought it might come in handy on a "Light railway" or "Industrial Line"  perhaps one day.

Getting it out of the box (no i hadn't even done that) it actually looks pretty good. A bit leaning towards the "Train set" type of thing but ok.

Lets see how it runs! I have to say, it's very good it has crawled around Pine Road for the last hour or so and has not stalled or stuttered once.

Trawling through Google to find something about them, i then found this  Scroll down the page a bit 

I feel a Project on the Horizon.

I think also there was a similar SR engine with a similar axle arrangement but without getting the "Bible" out i'm not sure ,Class 756???? 

Annoucement soon now, not much longer.

Happy Days.  

No comments: