About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Sunday 9 October 2016

Mixed Traffic October 2016


This quarter's 3mm society Mixed Traffic magazine is out.

There is an interesting article by Geoff Helliwell on a new approach to gearboxes and drive trains especially suited to small engines.

John Sutton's article on "Didn't Have a Drawing" makes it up as he went along

Servos for Semaphores by Trevor Lloyd-Lee.

On the midland in BR days.

Another brilliant read. I have to say, it's almost worth joining the society just for the magazine but i don't think it will be long before you are having ago yourselves

Also, The sad news of Bruce Smethen who passed away in July. I had many a book from him otherwise known as Geoff Gamble books. He was a hythe of information and honoured for his modern image modeling.  

No comments: