About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Sunday 4 December 2016

CCT Van painted

An update on the CCT van. It is now painted.

Hornby CCT van

We have gone from an LMS livery to good old BR blue
A slightly unorthodox way of painting this.
Thought i would try the "Hairspray" method.

I was trying to get that faded blue effect, so a quick rub down, a coat of primer then a thin spray over of white, a quick brush over with your wife's firm hold cheapy hairspray. Let dry for a good few hour's and then a coat of BR blue. Leave for another good few hours.    

Hornby CCT van
 A cotton bud, a blunt cocktail stick and some Tcut very gently rub away and this is the result.

I'm rather pleased with it.  



Hornby CCT van

Just need transfers and a coat of Matt varnish and we are sorted.

Happy Days






No comments: