About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Thursday 1 December 2016

CCT Van

I bought this  today at a very reasonable price, Only thing is it's the wrong colour.
The airbrush will be pressed in to action and hopefully it will turn blue.
CCT according to wiki means "covered carriage truck". I took a guess and thought it might have been "Car Carrying Transport.
Answer's on a postcard please.
There are a few interesting photographs -

CCT van of LMS design
 Those couplings will have to be sorted, going to end up with a 20 foot gap between wagons. 
One showing the end door arrangement
Painted a faded blue, bit of weathering, pick out some detail I reckon she will look ok.
Need to find some transfers.
Not used later in life for cars but found to be useful for parcels and other freight

No comments: