About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Sunday 11 December 2016

Hornby Sentinel shunter, Come in Number Five

I thought i would have a play with the new, (newish) Hornby Sentinel shunter, the one with the cranks.
It's quite a cute bit of kit really. Some might describe it as something out of a trainset, some might describe it hot, stop it now!

It's actually pretty good, It's well put together especially when you take it apart to get a chip inside, bit fiddly to say the least. For anyone that might need to know it's takes a 4 pin chip one of the old type from hornby part No X9659  some modification is needed to get the thing in there. It actually runs better on DCC than it did on DC.

I thought i would be allowed a free reign with this one as it's going to be used on the branch for Parkstone. Had the branch lasted another few years i wonder what might have been bought in to run down to the potteries. The original Peckett W4 (George Jennings) was always turned out immaculately so wanted something that looked good and had plenty of pulling power (coal and clay pipes are heavy). I thought the Sentinel would fit the bill.

Give here a high five.
"Thunderbirds are go"
Here she is No5
Hornby Sentinel

Hornby Sentinel

Hornby Sentinal

Hornby Sentinel
 She's the only Hornby engine on the whole layout.

Hornby Sentinel
  

No comments: