About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Friday 30 December 2016

Pine Road Reconnected

Nearly the end of 2016
Would just like to
wish everybody all the best
for
2017
Anyways down to other stuff
after
striping out the fiddle yard for Pine Road to make room for the extension, basically to give the trains a slightly longer run through the rolling hills of Dorset.

A stackable storage yard
Perhaps should have shopped around but these racking, shelving thingy's aren't what you would call cheap. £2.99 for one shelf bracket (so you need at least two obviously) and £5.99 for one upright.
Nearly 30 quid for this little lot. Well, it's done now.
Pine Road storage facility
 Pine Road reconnected. 
 It's nice to have her up and running again.
I still haven't decided what to do on this section. To be honest their isn't that much room so am tempted to play it safe. A Level crossing and keepers house to hide the entrance to the storage yard, (can't put a bridge there, someone will plonk a bus on it) A couple more thatch cottages perhaps. At least she is running again.
26.5 Inches.
That's the radius of the curve...eeeek, alas my Two Adams Radials run around it quite happily.
The other Major problem is,
 i can't find the Backscene that was used on Pine Road to continue it on. Stalemate 
Pine Road
   
  

No comments: