About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Monday 3 April 2017

A coal office for Parkstone

While Exhibiting Parkstone at WIMRAIL last month,
 i had the great pleasure in meeting
 Colin Stone, author of "Rails to Poole Harbour".
On the Sunday he returned with a cracking photo of Parkstone goods yard, one that has never been seen before.
In the corner of the yard is a coal office, I have seen glimpses of it before in other photographs but very hard to make out exactly what it looked like.
This photo is perfect, looking back from the footbridge across the whole yard. I couldn't have asked for a better view.
Unfortunately
 i don't consider it fair to post the picture here so you will have to take my word for it that this is the said coal office.


Parkstone Coal office

Parkstone coal office 


Parkstone coal office roof detail



Now you know what the guttering was for from yesterday's post.
I would like to take this opportunity and thank
Colin Stone 
for allowing me to see the Photographs and publishing his book which i don't think Parkstone would have been the same without it.

No comments: