About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Sunday 30 April 2017

More on the Adams B4

It's a wet drizzly day so i managed to do a bit more on the B4.
She;s a fiddly little bugger but were getting there.
Here she is parked outside Pine Road signal box
Adams B4
 A side on view

The front end, bearing in mind that this is an old kit it's gone together fairly well.
I don't like to use cast buffers but i can't find anyone that do an LSWR pattern sprung buffer of this type.

The next Two photos show that there is not a lot of room for the valve gear behind the front steps. Not one to be beaten, i cut the steps down and made a small brass bracket just enough to move them out a touch. 
Brass bracket
 Yeah! no room there at all
B4 Valve gear
 There a bit missing, it's not in the kit.
Something missing
 It's this bit. 
Not entirely sure what this is for or where to get one from other than ringing Southeastern Finecast

A few jobs to go and then a good clean up ready for paint.
Do i really have to paint her black!

And 

Off for a cup of tea, the back is beginning to ache. 
It's an age thing, don't you know.

No comments: