About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Sunday 7 May 2017

The Final Frontier.

Finished!
After various attempts she is finally done.
The biggest problem was getting clearance for wheels. crossheads, conrods, pistons behind those front steps.
I was determined, i have only ever seen two B4's running at exhibitions and neither of them had the front steps fitted.
Have also discovered that from May 1935, Southern goods engines, although black had green lining, mmm, think about that one. this was omitted from this date on B4's and G6's (courtesy Bradley, Adams classes page 7) 
Less of the chat and on to the photos.
South Eastern Finecast B4

Adams B4

Kitbuilt B4

B4 Southern 94
Fitted with Romford wheels, the balance weights are made from 10 thou Plasticard and a High Level 120-1 gearbox mated to a 1420 Mashima motor. She runs at a very realistic slow speed.
Just the windows to fit and trim the rear crank pins.

What next, thinking about a G6.
I am looking forward to next weekend where hopefully will be able to pick one up.
It's going to be an expensive day out.
where will i be, well
http://www.emgs.org/events/?event_id1=13

I heard this on the radio earlier,
Oh my god, how long ago,,, heck
Cheeky little tune

3 comments:

The Dorset Wanderer said...

B4 looks excellent- meant to tell you about the green lining :)
Really must lend you some decent music though!
Steve

The Dorset Wanderer said...

B4 looks good- meant to tell you about the green lining-but forgot:)
Really must lend you some decent music though!!
Steve

cparkstone said...

Haha. I didn't say I liked it. Unfortunately I can remember it, I was 9 years old, didn't seem that it was that long ago.